Friday, April 5, 2013

Owasco Lake's Carousel

 There is a nice article in today's Auburn Citizen about the merry-go-round that used to reside in Enna Jettick Park (now Emerson Park) at the foot of Owasco Lake. The carousel was in use from 1929 to 1944, when it was sold and moved to Hershey Park, Pennsylvania. Lakeside Park was a very popular park in the 30's and 40's and many area residents have fond memories of the park and carousel.

                                                                                                               (Photo from rootsweb.ancestry.com)

Read the entire story at:
http://auburnpub.com/lifestyles/whatever-happened-to-the-emerson-park-merry-go-round/article_de63e8ef-9fbe-56b8-9f85-aa63ccf694db.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The timeline can't be right. I rode the carousel and I wasn't born until the 50's. If that carousel had frog statues on it as well as the horses, then it was the one I remembered.

Anonymous said...

I agree. my mom said her high school graduation was there in 1957, and I rode it in the early 70's!

Tim Chayka said...

No kidding. Get the facts correct. I rode the "Mary Go Round" as a kid from the fifties to the sixties. It's a shame it isn't there any more. So many attractions destroyed in Auburn.